Im not a beauty guru but I thought for the new year I’d start talking about some of my favorite beauty products. Like most of you, I’ve gone through several brands to find the best look for me. After a few years of misses, I’ve finally found some hits.
When it comes to make up I’m a pretty simple gal. I want my make up to look as natural as possible so I don’t go for the full coverage stuff. I think make up should enhance your natural beauty not transform you into someone else. When I wear make up, my goal is to provide some coverage of old acne scars and blemishes. I’m an occasional make up user. I wear make up primarily for blog posts, when I’m going out or for an event. I don’t wear make up everyday because I have really oily skin. I feel like if I wore make up daily it would exacerbate my acne prone skin and cause new breakouts. I know my make up routine is basic but Im not good with the advanced stuff. I think if I tried to use highlighter or concealer I would like I belong in a circus! Also I don’t wear anything on my eyes because they are really small. I’m afraid if I wear eye make up I fear I’ll end up looking like a homeless raccoon!
So here is what I use:
- Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector: If you’re oily like me, this primer gives you a smooth, matte finish to build your foundation on. It does a good job controlling shine throughout the day. When I wear it I might have to blot once or twice but I’d still recommend it.
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Polynesia: For years I was walking around wearing foundation that was either too dark or too light for me. Last Summer while on one of my Sephora runs (am I the only one who can’t go into Sephora and just buy one thing?!) I came across this NARS foundation. I know several women who swear by NARS so I gave it a try and WOW! I finally found a medium coverage foundation that not only looks natural but looks great on my face. It lasts ALL DAY without reapplying. It gives me the coverage I need without looking caked on.
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip Primer: I have dry lips so I need a primer to add moisture before I put on lipstick, especially matte ones. I haven’t found a lip primer as good as MAC so I highly recommend it. Plus it really keeps you lipstick in place throughout the day.
4. Benefit Gimme Brow and Precisely, My Brown Pencil: Years of waxing have my eyebrows thin and sparse. I stopped waxing a few months ago to let them grow out but so far not much as grown back. Benefit’s Gimme Brow gel adds volume to my limp eyebrows and the eyebrow pencil fills in my sparse brows so they look normal. I’m still getting the hang of shaping my eyebrows but you know what they say, practice makes perfect!
5. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder: I started using setting powder last year after my friend Sandra nearly passed out after I told her I don’t use it. I’ve noticed that my make up stays on longer and doesn’t need multiple touch ups when I wear it. Plus you only need a small amount to set with a powder brush so it lasts a pretty long time.
So there you have it, the contents of my make up bag. I’m always open to new products and suggestions so feel free to leave a comment!
Have a wonderful weekend!