Happy Monday all!
Apparently the 70’s are trending this Fall which is funny because it is true when they say everything old is new again. Some of my favorite memories from the 70’s are my older sisters dancing to “Soul Train” on Saturday afternoons, wearing “gauchos” (aka culottes), watching “Godzilla” movies from under a table ( I was terrified of Godzilla!) and wearing my hair in two large afro puffs which garnered me the nickname “Mickey Mouse”. To pay homage to my favorite 70’s memories, I decided to pull out my “gauchos” and head back in time!
Later this week, I’ll be headed to NYC to spend Thanksgiving with my family so I want to wish you all a SAFE & HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Jacket: Kohls (old, similar here; here; here)
Pants: Old Navy (here, sz XXL; similar here)
Blouse: H&M (here, sz 16, very tight in the arms; plus size option here)
Shoes: Aerosoles (here; similar here)
Purse: Love Cortnie
First I would like to thank everyone who responded to my last post. Reading your encouraging words mean so much to me. Returning to school after 19 years has been SO stressful. I’m almost finished with the semester and honestly I’m seriously contemplating whether I’m going to continue or not. I’m not going to make any decisions about my education until after the Thanksgiving holiday. I want to enjoy my favorite holiday with family and friends without thinking about school. Again THANK YOU for being the BEST readers a gal can have!!!!
Thanksgiving doesn’t just usher in the holiday season, it marks the beginning of Secret Santa/Pollyanna season too. While people love participating in Secret Santa/Pollyanna, searching for the perfect gift can turn people into a Grinch! So to help you out, I’ve picked out a few Secret Santa/Pollyanna gifts for under $25 that will not disappoint!
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. Godiva 2. Mini Emergency Kit for Her from Sephora 3. Yankee Candle 4. Frayed Tartan Plaid Scarf 5. North Pole Gift Set from Bath & Body Works 6. Keurig Christmas Tree Coffee Set 7. H&M Handbag
Happy Tuesday all!
Lately life has been really stressful for me and the blog has suffered because of this. I’m usually prompt when responding to comments but lately that hasn’t been the case. Please know I sincerely appreciate every single comment that is made to the blog. I deeply apologize for not responding to your kind comments in a suitable fashion. I will try very hard to make responding a priority. I don’t ever want to be that blogger who doesn’t respond back to readers.
Thank you all for being so supportive of my me and my blog. Without your support there would be no Grown and Curvy Woman.
Have a great evening!
Happy Monday all!
While Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday it can be the most exhausting! Between preparing a huge meal and entertaining loved ones, it’s understandable that what to wear for the holiday is the last thing on your mind. So to give you a helping hand, I’ve picked out eight Thanksgiving outfits for your consideration. These no fuss outfits can be recreated with items that you already have in your closet. This way you can look great for Thanksgiving dinner without spending a penny!
Have a wonderful day!
Disclaimer: All photos are property of the bloggers featured. I have permission to use their images.
- Denim shirt + straight leg jeans + blazer (Assa from My Curves & Curls)
2. Leather jacket + bright color dress (Assa from My Curves & Curls)
3. Midi pencil skirt + blouse + textured vest (Pepper from Pretty Plus Pep)
4. Full Skirt + motorcycle jacket (Pep from Pretty Plus Pep)
5. Sleeveless cardigan + leather leggings (Jami from Style Over Size)
6. Sleeveless coat + white button up shirt + denim culottes (Jami from Style Over Size)
7. Striped turtleneck + plaid skirt (Jeniese from The Jenesaisquoi)
8. Chunky knit sweater + skinny jeans + ankle boots (Jeniese from The Jenesaisquoi)
After years of struggling to find a pair of stylish wide calf boots, I finally found a pair! The Alice boot from Jessica London looks great on my 19-20 inch calves. Initially I was skeptical of the boots when I saw them online but I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived. They are come in wide widths so I got a size 9 which are very comfy. The 2 inch heel makes walking around easy because my days of wearing 3-4 inch heels are over! Along with the Alice boot, I’ve picked out a few wide calf options in faux and real leather I think any fashionista would be proud to wear!
Have a wonderful weekend!
- Mercedes Clean Leather Riding Boot 2. Sole Diva High Heel Boot 3. Alice Wide Calf Boot 4. Chunky Heel Tall Boot 5. Rose Petals Women’s Sadie Super Wide Calf Boot 6. Brooklyn Heeled Boot
Top: Old Navy (here)
Skirt: ASOS Curve (here)
Boots: Jessica London (here)
Bag: Ann Taylor (here)