Happy Hump Day all!
My first solo vacation to Dubai went beyond all of my expectations. Dubai is an amazing city of contrasts and traditions. On one end it’s a gleaming metropolis and on the other is the remains of it’s humble beginnings. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Dubai and have plans to return in the immediate future!
Since there is SO much to cover, I decided to break up my Dubai experiences into two posts.
Have a wonderful day!
- Dubai Mall: This mall was BEYOND! Not only does it house over 1200 stores, it has an ice skating rink, a two story aquarium (I’m not talking about a few fish in a tank, I’m talking about sharks, stingrays, a massive crocodile and penguins!), a waterfall and the Dubai Fountain from the company that created the Bellagio Fountains. Although I was completely wiped out after spending the day there, I would do it again in a heartbeat!
2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: I was completely awestruck when we pulled up to the Grand Mosque. Words cannot describe how beautiful it is. Visiting the Grand Mosque has been on the top of my list for years so I was so excited to fulfill one of my travel goals!
3. Burj Khalifa: What can be said about the worlds tallest building?! Although Im deathly afraid of heights, I couldnt pass up the opportunity to go to the observation deck on the 124th floor (WHEW!!!). Luckily the elevators to the observation deck are the fastest in the world (the lift only takes a minute to get to the deck) so I didn’t have much time to get anxious about being up there. The views were breathtaking and so worth the trip up to the top!
4. Desert Safari: I know it may sound cheesy but I had to do it! I’ve never been “dune bashing” before and I was squealing “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!” throughout the ride! Although it was hair raising it was so much fun! I spent the evening drinking delicious Korean liquor (grapefruit soju), having amazing conversations with new acquaintances and smoking shisha. It was definitely a great night!
5. Dubai Miracle Garden & Butterfly Garden: Initially I wasn’t going to go to the Miracle Garden but I’m so glad I changed my mind! The Miracle Garden was probably one of the most whimsical display of flowers I’ve ever seen. It was fun, vibrant and colorful. The Butterfly Garden was just as equally beautiful. There was something magical about being surrounded by butterflies and interacting with them. I had one land on my butt and had to do a shimmy to shake it him off. I’m sure the man behind me got quite a show! LOL