Happy Monday all!
We all know that shopping for our bodies can be a struggle, especially when it comes to brick & mortar stores. I’ve felt the massive disappointment and envy while “shopping”. Fortunately there are some “straight size” brands that actually are plus friendly. Today I’m sharing my favorite PS friendly brands. To keep it real, some of these brands only fit up to a size 22. I wish they would include 22+ but unfortunately they don’t BUT don’t be discouraged! Still try the item on, you might be surprised!
- Old Navy: I absolutely love ON. They tend to cut their clothes very generously so an XXL can fit a size 22 or 24 depending on the garment. I have TON of Old Navy clothes. Im too bottom heavy for their size 20 pants, but a PS woman with a smaller hips and butt would be fine.
- Gap: ON middle sister offers clothing up to a size 20. If you’re a 12-18 on the top then you’ll be fine with their tops. Because my arms are chunky and Im busty I stick to their sweaters and cotton shirts.
- Loft: Yes, Loft. Loft XXL is allegedly a size 18 but it fits a 20 body fine. The trick with Loft is to check out how much elastane is in a garment. The higher percentage of elastane, the more stretch in the garment (that goes for all “straight size” items). I primarily buy Loft during the Spring and Summer when the shape of the items are cut looser.
- Ann Taylor: In the past couple of years Ann Taylor has been sizing down so I haven’t shopped them often but there are still a few PS friendly options. You just have to look and try the items on. They offer clothing up to a size 18.
- eShakti: Ya’ll know I ride for eShakti. The majority of my cute dresses come from them. No need to worry about PS friendly clothing from them, ALL (and I mean ALL) of their clothing is offered from size 0 to 30. They even customize clothing for $9-10. The only set back is waiting damn near 3 weeks to get your clothing. eShakti you gotta do better with that, seriously.
- Who What Wear x Target Collection: I’ve been a massive fan of Who What Wear’s collection for Target because they don’t skimp on the PS offerings in their line. The clothes are super affordable (everything is under $60) and on trend.
What PS friendly brands do you shop?
Have a wonderful day!