I can’t believe Memorial Day weekend (aka the unofficial start to Summer) is here! It seems just yesterday I was groaning about Winter! The holiday weekend can be so packed with things to do, it can become overwhelming. So to help you out, I’m highlighting some of the best Memorial Day weekend events in a city near you (I hope!).
- Washington DC: National Memorial Day Parade & free concert at the Capital. The concert is hosted by Joe Mantegna and Lawrence Fishburne.
- Philadelphia: Spend the day at the first annual Penns Landing Waterfront Day! Bring the family and stay later for the US Air Force Band Full Spectrum and amazing fireworks show on the Delaware River (I highly recommend this!)
- Atlanta: Experience rich Asian culture and history at the Asian Summer Festival .
- Chicago: Head over to the Greek and Mediterranean Wine Festival to indulge in tasty wine and Greek food!
- Los Angeles: Bring in Summer at Fiesta Hermosa at beautiful Downtown Hermosa Beach.
- Denver: Get your artistic juices flowing at the Denver Arts Festival this holiday weekend.
- Houston: Love crawfish? Then the South Houston Crawfish Festival is for you!
- New Orleans: Immerse yourself in New Orleans culture at the Treme 7th Ward Arts & Culture Festival this weekend.
- Las Vegas: You can dance to you drop at multiple Las Vegas Memorial Day Weekend EDM events this weekend in Sin City.
- Seattle: You or someone you know a film buff? Then take part of The Seattle International Film Festival to satisfy your love of film this holiday weekend!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!