Happy Monday all!
It’s easy during the busy holiday season to get so caught up we neglect to take care of ourselves. While the is focus of the season is doing for others, we should make sure we do for ourselves. Here are five tips on how to practice self care during the holiday season:
- Just Say “No”: It’s okay to say “no” during the holidays. It doesn’t mean you’re a Grinch or lack holiday spirit, it means you know your limits. So if someone asks you to bake 100 cupcakes for a Christmas party and you don’t have the time, just say no. Santa will completely understand!
- Treat Yo Self: Make sure your holiday budget allows room for you to get yourself a special item. No matter how big or small it is, you deserve it!
- Get Your Sleep: The holidays are not the time to skimp on your sleep. If your body requires 7-8 hours worth of sleep, do it. Getting a good nights sleep not only benefits you but your loved ones as you won’t be so quick to bite their heads off!
- Don’t Wait Til The Last Minute: Don’t be a masochist and wait until Christmas Eve to decide to do all your holiday shopping. Schedule specific days to get your shopping done. I find that shopping after work Monday through Wednesday a breeze because the stores and malls are less crowded than on the weekend. This way you can get all your shopping done with no hassles!
- Ask For Help: You are not a machine so stop thinking you can to do it all. Everyone needs help from time to time and there is nothing wrong with asking for assistance. Getting others to help out reduces stress and makes for a happier you!
Remember you are just as important as your loved ones this holiday season. The holidays are meant to be enjoyed, not dreaded. So put a bright outfit (like I have on below), take care of yourself and enjoy the holiday season!
Have a wonderful day!